Notes On “Establishment Of Democracy In Oman” [Unofficial Post]
How can Oman establish Democracy in the country
- A new Constitution that preserves and upholds Oman’s values, religious values, history and culture
- Determination of the form of Democracy :
Ensuring “Checks and balances” and at the same time Preventing “Gridlocks” among
- Executive Division
- Legislative Division
- Judiciary Division
Balance of power among:
- State Government
- Local Governments
- A new form of Government for the 21st Century with emphasis on – Citizen participation in Government decision making – enabled by the Internet, Web, Information & Communication Technologies
- Formation of a Committee – oversees –
- Constitution and
- Structure of Government
– making unanimous decisions (e.g., Presidential or Parliamentary form of Government?) in every step of the process. The Committee includes representatives from every part, tribes and groups of Oman.
- Establishment of Democratic Institutions:
- Parliament, Judiciary Reform, Election Commission, Anti-corruption Commission, Central Bank (Reform?) , ….
- Spreading of “Democratic Awareness”, “Democratic Values” among people
- Formation of political parties
A free and fair election and transfer of power to the winning party.
- ‘Creating “Systems” that work – perfectly – permanently – even when I am not overseeing’
“Currently, I am poking around (ranging from Bangladesh and Burma to Mexico and Microsoft) – trying to solve problems, trying to get things done in a better way.
Next, I shall build “Systems”– so that everything works perfectly permanently – even if I am not overseeing / even in my absence.”
- What’s gone wrong with democracy and how to revive it (Economist) (March 1 – 7, 2014)
Democracy was the most successful political idea of the 20th century. Why has it run into trouble, and what can be done to revive it?
- A history of Finance in five crises (Economist) (April 12 – 18, 2014)
[The last thing you want is – your “Financial System” to collapse. Remember 2007 – 08 Recession?]