For me, building an Aircraft is utilizing “a few” basic laws of Physics and “a few” fundamental principles of Chemistry (Materials for Aircraft).
- Because the Aerospace Engineer learns about “Jet Engines” and loses himself in details. (He doesn’t see that only a few basic Principles of Physics and Chemistry govern the design of a Jet Engine.)
- The Aerospace Engineer learns to calculate the wind pressure required to keep the Aircraft flying – and loses himself in details – on the size and speed. (He doesn’t see that a few basic Laws of Physics and Chemistry is enough to calculate and design the wings of an Aircraft and the amount of pressure required to support the weight of the Aircraft.)
- The modern control system (built out of complex Software) that a modern Pilot uses to guide himself while running a plane – is out of reach of any single Aerospace Engineer. For me – designing and building the Software is simple.
Physics and Chemistry – simplifies the world with a few basic principles (these are the laws of nature, the ultimate possibilities). If you learn those principles – you can build anything you can think of – from Passenger Aircraft and Satellite to High Speed Rail and Electric Car.
2.Learning the ultimate possibilities through Science and building the ultimate Engineering Machines
- Computer Science : At Its Breadth
- On Physical Digital Computing And Beyond
- Personal Notes On Venture, Google & Microsoft
- An Insider Look At Google
Physical Digital Computing
- Emerging Area: Physical Digital Integration
- Physical Digital Integration: Cloud Manufacturing & Car 2.0
- Smart Home With Physical Digital Integration: What The Future Holds
- Could Manufacturing Be The Key To American Lead In Global Economy?
- The Science of Reading: Paper versus Screens
- On The Future Of Manufacturing: From Scientific American
- The Story Behind Physical Digital Computing
- Personal Notes On Book 2.0
- Personal Notes On Robotics
- Personal Notes On Manufacturing [Unofficial]
- Personal Notes On 3D Printing, Additive Manufacturing [Unofficial]
- Personal Notes On Digital Sports – 1 [Unofficial]
- Designing Information Interface For The Next 5 Billion
- “Things That Think” From Prof. Neil Gershenfeld
- Physical Digital Interaction / Experience / Product Designer
- Personal Notes On Exponential Technologies [Unofficial]
- Personal Notes On Physical Digital Computing – 1 [Unofficial]
“Manhattan Scale“ project on BioSciences, Translational Medicine and BioEngineering
- Cancer, Ebola, Parkinson’s, AIDS, Alzheimer’s,
- Disabilities and losses (Eyesight loss; Limb Amputee, etc. <- Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine. We can replace with Mechanical / Physical parts as long as we our Stem Cell / Regenerative Medicine Tech is not advanced enough – but remember – Biology – is the ultimate technology.
- Stem Cell / Regenerative Medicine or
- Gene Therapy.
- Medical / Scientific / Engineering Equipments (that would be required in my own research) and
- Sell and use the profit to fund my research / further work.
- Gene Sequencers (Bringing down the cost of Gene sequencing of a single Genome to several hundred dollars or maybe $100.)
- Robots that automate much of Experimental work. [Consider: Combinatorial Chemistry – parallel reactions]
- Medical / Surgical Equipments (from smaller Ultra-Sounds to “Da Vinci”-like Surgical Robots)
- Healthcare IT Infrastructure and Services (to Hospitals, Clinics) – Examples:
- Sensors that measure Body parameters and store data in Database / Cloud <- Big Data 2.0 on Data;
- Watson-like AI on Medical Literature (e.g., Pubmed) to augment Medical Researchers and Physicians
BioEngineering / BioMedical Engineering / Molecular Biology / Cell Biology / BioChemistry / BioPhysics / BioInformatics / Computational Biology PhDs
– each concentrating on a particular part – under my supervision:
- One researcher concentrating on Transport system of Cells – 2013 Nobel Physiology or Medicine Prize Work (Collaborating with other researchers focused on other Cellular organelles or Extra-cellular Matrix)
- Another researcher concentrating on Spatial Representations and Motor Planning in the Brain – 2014 Nobel Physiology or Medicine Prize Work
- Couple working on how to repair / replace Damaged Organs with Tissue / Organs grown from Stem Cells – carrying on the 2012 Nobel Physiology or Medicine Prize Work
I will review and modernize the FDA (Drug, Medical Device) appoval process.
- Huge! Reinvention of Education. Changes the way Education is delivered, the way how people learn in each and every country of the World. [Microsoft?]
- E-Book 2.0 / E-Magazine 2.0 / E-Newspaper 2.0 & Digital Publishing
Artificial Intelligence Platform
- Watson-like Natural Language Understanding + A Lot More
- Less computational resource requirement; Highly developed Knowledge Processing / Reasoning
- Apps and Services on Top of the Platform
Cloud Manufacturing Platform + Physical Digital Computing Division
- This is where the Medical / Surgical / Scientific Equipments would be manufactured.
- + Manufacturing Equipments and Services for Companies
- Materials / Nano / Applied Physics / Engineering Research
Knowledge Based Robotics
- Imagine: Robot Engineers repairing your Car.
- Robots in Industry. Home. Healthcare. Service Robots.
Computer Reimagined [Computer Architecture; Processor; Hardware; Novel Material, UI]