- Microsoft Surface (Laptop + Tablet)
- Microsoft Phone [<= Nokia Phones]
- Microsoft HoloLens
- Microsoft Xbox One
- Microsoft Kinect
- Microsoft Band
- Microsoft Book [Upcoming]
Branding & Marketing
“Microsoft is a company that deeply cares for people.”
- Healthcare (Microsoft Band & Microsoft Health)
- Education (Microsoft Book)
- Privacy Concerns
- With Windows 10 feedback invitation and Android Office preview feedback invitation, Microsoft has made it clear that Microsoft cares for how its consumers feel about its products.
Windows Operating System
- Seamless integration of touch version (“tile”) and desktop version of Windows.
- Seamless Integration across Devices
- Integration across Cloud-enabled Devices. [Cloud as an extended Hard-drive that “syncs” across devices]
Introduce “Folders” to arrange Apps and Files on “tile” version.
Hierarchical => Folders inside Folders to arrange Files and apps [Consider, Windows’ Filesystem & Drives]
Make corresponding changes (Redesign) to the Windows’ Filesystem so that the Filesystem is more in tune with the UI;
which would lead to changes in File permissions, etc. [No more C Drive, D Drive, etc.]
These are massive changes.
Parallel Release of:
- Windows 10 and
- Windows “X” [which would be a completely new Windows redesigned from the ground-up]
Or, Windows 10, Windows Mobile: “Folders” on Tile. Later: Changes to the Filesystem.
These are patentable stuff! Worth $$$$$ …. (1 followed by lots & lots of zeros!) So, Shhhh ….!
Increase of “Brand Appeal” and excitement around Microsoft Products
“Energy giant Exxon has ceded its position as the world’s second-largest public company to tech firm Microsoft, after concerns about the falling price of oil drove its shares down.
Exxon’s shares traded at $94.90 midday on Friday, reducing the total value of all its shares, or market capitalisation, to $401.9bn (£256.7bn). Shares in Microsoft – which have been rising after a strong October earnings report – hit $49.81.
That gives it a value of $410.5bn.”
Plans and Targets: Microsoft
- Tablet Marketshare Target – Surpass iPad.
- Introduce Lower cost and lighter (in weight) Version [“Surface Light”; besides “Surface Pro”]. Surface “Light” will be “Stylish”. It’s not going to be “just another cheap Laptop” and buyers would compare it with iPad and Mac. UI innovations in Windows 10.
- The Keyboard: Urges you to create (Tablet / touch-only Devices – only for Media, Apps & Games consumption).
- The pitching for Surface Pro: “Workplace Computer that you can carry around and use as a Tablet”.
- One Surface – In place of:
- One Laptop (Study; work) and
- One Tablet (“Coolness factor”; Consumption of Media, Apps, Games).
- Linux support is wise. More Languages (+ Scala), more Database (NoSQLs) options, more data processing features, more features.
- Nurture Developers, Experts (more MVP like programs), Consultants – catalyze adoption of Cloud.
[I intend to build my Ventures’
- Artificial Intelligence Platform
- Education Platform
- Healthcare Platform
- “Real Object Programming” (ROP) Platform
on top of Microsoft Cloud.]
Enterprise Marketshare – Target: #1 (IBM, SAP, Oracle)
- Redesign Microsoft Dynamics, Sharepoint, SQL Server.
- NoSQL Database.
- Enter CAD / CAM Market (Autodesk). Scientific Computing Market (Wolfram).
[My Ventures would provide
- “Management Science & Engineering” Services,
- Government Services
on top of Windows & Microsoft Enterprise Software,
besides building the Ventures’ own
- Software and
- Devices &
- Smart Connected Products.
So, Microsoft Enterprise would play a vital role.]
- Lots of innovative features. Truly giving the customers the best Phone money can buy. Cortana is cool – make it cooler!
- Target: Lure Developers to develop Apps.
- Better Tools for App Development.
- Increasing Market Share. More excitement.
- Target for C#: Surpass Objective-C in popularity.
- Establish as a cross platform app development platform. Write once in C# / F#, run on Windows, iOS and Android. (Xamarin, etc.)
- Visual Studio, .NET on Linux, Mac (Mono, etc.) (Open Source)
- Scala on .NET
- Python on .NET. [Support -> IronPython]
- Goal: Attracting Millennials to .NET.
Microsoft Browser (IE)
- Support Standardized HTML5 features.
Microsoft Band & Microsoft Health
- Redesign of Microsoft Band (Band 2.0) and Microsoft Health
- Push Educational Games.
Hire a great Product Designer / Industrial Designer.
Message @Gates & @Nadella: Look for someone like Jonathan Ive.
Approach to Product Design:
- To Designers: This is what the product is going to look like (e.g., come up with designs for “Folders on Windows Tiles”).
- This is the list of features – the product is going to have.
- These are the Technological possibilities, limits, constraints (Examples: Filesystem, Graphics Processing Limits, etc.).
- This list contains everything – Consumers / People look for.
- To Designers: I want you to collaborate with other Designers and come up with lots of alternative designs.
- I will make the final design choices – from all of the alternative designs – taking all the factors into consideration.]
Satya Nadella, being young (and upto date) – is focused on bringing ideas that are currently appreciated and successful in the Industry (even if the ideas are not as widespread and strictly followed at Microsoft):
- Cloud first, Mobile first
- Competing by quickly bringing products to Market and following up with quick iterations.
[Remarks : Following up with quick updates gets more significant in a “Mobile first, Cloud first” world – where you can push updates whenever you want.]
- Data-driven Marketing and Data-driven Software Engineering process improvement
- Focused on “Platforms and Services” [Change from Ballmer’s focus on “Devices and Services”]
[Remarks: My preference – Devices, Platforms & Services]
I shall work on:
- Software development language / component, process, tools improvement => improvements in productivity, reliability, maintainability.
- Business Division; Cloud; Skype; Server; SQL Server;
- X-Box and Gaming
- .NET & Visual Studio
- Redesign Of Microsoft Band and How “‘Wearables” Might Revolutionize US Healthcare [TahsinVersion2]
- Notes On Gates Foundation
- Personal Notes On Venture, Google & Microsoft
- Personal Notes On Research & Engineering (R&E) [Unofficial Post]
- Personal Notes On Education & Platforms (4) [Unofficial Post]
- America In Realization [10.30.14]
- Latest From Science, Technology And Medicine [11.07.14]
- Effect Of “Model”s On Our Brain And How “The Way Our Brain Works” Leads Us To “Stereotyping”
- Latest From Science, Technology & Medicine [11.06.14]