“Retired Neurosurgeon Builds Strong Iowa Organization”
International Relations – Foreign Policy – Diplomacy
US – India Relations
- Obama, India’s Modi cite nuclear investment breakthrough [USA Today]
- Obama, Modi Say Progress Made on Civil Nuclear Trade [WSJ]
Re-Engineering US Healthcare System
After I start my work in California, one of the firsts in my agenda:
Starting work on Re-Engineering the US Healthcare System.
- Proposing a new Economic Model for US Healthcare that is geared towards providing more incentives to reduce cost.
Current Economic Model: Insurance Market, Government Insurance etc.
When Insurance Gets “Personalized” & “Predictable”, Reformulation of US National Policies & Laws, …..
Dealing with Healthcare Frauds.
- Starting a Biotech Company.
Engineering Qualitatively better but still low cost Medical Gadgets, Drugs, Healthcare IT.
- Providing Consultancy to US Healthcare Providers (Hospitals, Clinics, etc.)
Healthcare IT Services
Identification of Doctors’ strength and weaknesses and bringing about changes to Medical Education, Residency Programs and how Clinics operate.
Atul Gawande’s book shows – one way Human Experts (e.g., Physicians) and Organizations can deal with Complexity of Domain Expertise and provide better Service.
- Preventive Medicine
Lifestyle changes through Wearables, etc.
Re-Engineering US Healthcare System – Economic Impact
In 2011, US Healthcare spending was about $2.7 Trillion. Now, it’s more than $3 Trillion.
Implementing my plans would lead to savings of – anywhere from:
Several hundred Billion Dollars to more than 1 Trillion Dollars annually.