- November 19, 1986, Los Angeles Times: “Pope John Paul II embarked on the Longest Trip of his eight-year Papacy, a Journey that will take him to Bangladesh”
- February 19, 2003, Patharghata, Chittagong, Bangladesh: “Bangladeshis visit Roman Catholic Church in Patharghata, Chittagong for a glimpse of ‘weeping’ statue of Mary, The Mother of Christ”, The Irish Times reports.
- Bangladeshis flock to weeping statue of Mary, BBC reports.
“The statue, chiselled in Italy and installed at the 150-year-old church in 1955, has been the focal point for prayer for the tiny Christian community in the port city.”
- December 4, 2005, Dhaka: “Microsoft Founder Bill Gates Visits Bangladesh with his wife Melinda Gates”
- Sep 24, 2015, Washington: “Pope Francis Urges Congress to Protect the Environment, Welcome Immigrants and Reduce Economic Inequality”