“Deal hands Greece lifeline to stay in the Eurozone.”
“Plans and Targets: Microsoft [January 10, 2015 – Message @Gates & @Nadella ]
- Tablet Marketshare Target – Surpass iPad.
- Introduce Lower cost and lighter (in weight) Version [“Surface Light”; besides “Surface Pro”].
- The Keyboard: Urges you to create; turns Surface into a Gadget that facilitates Creative Expression. (In contrast, the UI and design of Tablet or Touch-only Devices make them suitable for Media, Apps & Games consumption only).
- The pitching for Surface Pro: “Workplace Computer that you can carry around and use as a Tablet”.
- One Surface – In place of:
- One Laptop (Study; work) and
- One Tablet (“Coolness factor”; Consumption of Media, Apps, Games).
[ Link: So my parents reasoned, if we let Tahsin major in “Computer Science and Engineering”, someday he would become a great personality like Bill Gates! ]
Microsoft Surface 3 as a Laptop [Image Courtesy of theverge.com]
Microsoft Surface 3 as a Tablet [Image Courtesy of theverge.com]
“In my role as technical advisor to Satya, I get to join product reviews and am impressed by the vision and talent I see. The result is evident in products like Cortana, Skype Translator, and HoloLens — and those are just a few of the many innovations that are on the way.”
Gates in 1986 [Image Courtesy of CNET.com]