Law & Justice
- South Carolina Shooting: Officer Captured on Video is Fired as City Moves to Ease Tensions [Wall Street Journal] #JusticeForAll #SouthCarolinaInRealization
“North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey mandates more Police body cameras after shooting of black man.
The shooting in the sprawling industrial city of 104,000 people whose population is 47% black”
Missouri in Realization
- High Voter Turnout and Shift in Racial Makeup of City Council – Ferguson, Mo. Vote Result Seen as Hopeful Sign [Wall Street Journal] #MinorityRights
“Two African-Americans were elected to the Ferguson City Council on Tuesday and will join the existing black member. That means three of the council’s six seats will be held by minority officials—the first time that has happened in its 120-year history.”
Earlier: America In Realization [12.02.14]
“The residents of Ferguson can and should transfer their anger to Politics.
Half of the City Council will be up for election in April.
- Organizing and nominating a set of candidates,
- Registering voters and
- Running election campaigns
is far more exciting and surely the best possible way to bring about lasting change.
Note: Voter turnout in Ferguson has been only 11 percent to 12 percent. For black residents, the number has been even lower.
Let there be increased political awareness and constructive political involvement among American youth.
Illinois in Realization
- Mayor Rahm Emanuel clinches re-election in Chicago [USA Today] #IllinoisInRealization
Business & Economics: BioPharma Industry
- Bristol-Myers Invests in Dutch Company uniQure, aiming to co-develop Gene Therapy medicines [WSJ] #GeneTherapy #MolecularMedicine
Foreign Policy: Middle East
- Iran Pact Threatens Assad [Wall Street Journal]
“As Tehran focuses on finalizing agreement to lift sanctions, Syrian leader risks losing key ally.
Iran and Russia are willing to envision a solution to the four-year-old conflict in Syria that eventually eases Bashar-Al Assad out of power”