Artificial Intelligence and its impact on Jobs, Employment
In the hands of a sufficiently smart inventor, AI can replace any job, even ‘creative’ ones.
Employment has to be and will be protected through government regulation.
As we look into the future, we see manual work gradually getting replaced by AI & automation, leaving intellectual pursuits that are core to human life and happiness behind for humans.
Important distinctions between Biotechnology, Biomedical Industry and Software Industry
- Software industry is mostly concerned with meeting consumer / business needs with rapidly developed software. Biotechnology, Biomedical products are usually based upon years of research efforts.
- Venture capital firms involved in Biotechnology, Biomedical industry keep close connection with Academic research partners & research labs.
- With long term research & subsequently costly government approval process, Biotechnology, Biomedical industry products demand larger investment.
Development of Manufacturing Industry
- Thailand, Malaysia: Both countries have size-able Automotive & Electrical / Electronics industry.
- Competence: Power, Infrastructure, Required low cost labor, Government support.
- Mostly developed and licensed by foreign producers. Local producers depend on foreign engineering. Local experts lack skills required for producing quality marketable Cars / Electronic products.
- India: Power, Infrastructure roadblock to development of manufacturing sector.
- Japan: Education system capable of producing engineering, business experts.
Recipe for growing new Silicon Valleys
Visionary engineer-entrepreneurs created the first success stories of Valley.
But over time: Venture Capital (plus early stage investors, startup incubators), Universities & Research Labs, Government support played vital roles.
Any place wanting to be the next Silicon Valley:
- 1a. Venture Capital ecosystem with their technical, business growth & management support: Google/Alphabet’s growth into one of the largest companies in United States in terms of market capitalization
- 1b. IPO support, Stock Market
- 2. University & Research Labs (providing minds & talents, training, employees and ideas; DIY education)
- 3. Government Laws; Tax cuts and subsidies
- 4. Infrastructure
- 5. Big Market
- 6. Entrepreneurial, risk-taking culture; Success Stories
Rural development in Developing Nations through Businesses
Limiting Issue: Limited purchasing power of inhabitants.
- Entrepreneurial opportunity creation
- Selling handmade goods to urban population
- Micro-credit as finance
- Suitable employment (e.g., light engineering)
- Agricultural production increase through modern methods
- Healthcare: Development of low cost diagnostic instruments, Telemedicine
- Business applications of ICT & Technology
- Selling low cost nutrition-added food products
ERP & Integrated Business Application
Accounting & Financial Software
HR & Payroll Solution
CRM, Marketing & Sales Automation
Office Management Solution
Enterprise Content Management
Capital Market Solution
Micro Finance (MFI) Solution
Insurance Management System
POS & Inventory Management System
Hospital Management System
Education Institute Management Application
Media Content Management System
Security, Biometric & Alert Systems
Web and Mobile App Development
Web Development Service & Hosting
Customized Software Development
Business for Economic Development
Business for enrichment of human lives
Agriculture, Mining Sector
- Petroleum Exploration; Oil and Gas exploration
Manufacturing Sector: Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering: Automotive; Bus, Truck Manufacturing
- Engineering: Shipbuilding
- Engineering: Aeronautics
- Engineering: High Speed Train; Metro Rail
- Engineering: Power & Energy; Power Plant Construction; Renewables
- Engineering: Mechanics & Machines; Industrial Machinery; Agricultural Machinery; Automotive, Ship, Aircraft Machinery & Electronic Systems; Naval Engineering; Light Engineering Machines, Tools. Construction Equipment; Mining Equipment
Manufacturing Sector: Computer Science and Engineering
- Engineering: Software
- Engineering: AI & Robotics
- Engineering: Smart Products / IoT; Embedded Systems
Manufacturing Sector: Electrical Engineering
- Engineering: Telecommunication Equipment and Software; Networking Equipment and Software
- Engineering: Electronics; Biomedical Devices; Photonics
- Engineering: Toys
Manufacturing Sector: Chemical Engineering. Materials Engineering.
- Engineering: Food processing; Food & Beverage
- Engineering: Agro-processing; Agricultural Machinery & Biotech; Agriculture: Agricultural Training & Supply. Knowledge & Technology Transfer (to Rural farmers); Web Platform as “Middleman”
- Engineering: Agro-processing: Jute; Cotton
- Engineering: Chemicals. Materials; Plastics; Ceramics; Cement; Paper; Steel
- Engineering: Consumer goods
- Engineering: Petroleum Products; Oil Refinery
Manufacturing Sector: Textile Engineering
- Textile & Garment Industry: Marketing & Selling; Shipment; International Logistics; Retail; Structural Engineering & Safety; Textile Machinery; Agro-processing: Cotton
Manufacturing Sector: Biomedical Engineering
- Engineering: Pharmaceuticals; Biomedical Devices and Electronics; Telemedicine; Biotech and Genetic Engineering
Manufacturing Sector: Civil Engineering
- Engineering: Structural Engineering & Architectural Consulting
- Engineering: Construction; Urban Engineering: Water, Electricity, Gas. Tunnels and Bridges; Lighting and Traffic guidance System; Water System; Sea Port, Airport Construction
Service Sector: Information & Communication
- Animation Studio
Service Sector: Healthcare
- Healthcare: Hospitals, Clinics; Medical Tourism
Service Sector: Education
- Educational Institutions; Education Tools (Lab Equipment) and Technologies
- Educational Platforms:
- Courses & Forum; E-Book Platform; Problem Solving & Ranklist; Seminar & Competitions
- Web-based Platform for Private Universities, Medical Colleges, Schools, Industry – Professional Training & Development; E-Library
- Book Retail; Publishing House: Low Price Editions; Non-fiction Translations; Non-fiction / Educational / Textbooks by Bangladeshi Authors; Journals & Magazines; E-Books; Multimedia; Interactive Contents; Expansions: South Asia; South-east Asia
Service Sector: Transportation
Service Sector: Media
- TV Channel; Online Radio
- Online Media: Websites & Mobile Apps
- Print Media: Magazines, Journals
- Publishing House: Fiction
Service Sector: Banking & Finance
- FinTech – Financial Technology
- International Money Transfer
- Venture Capital Firm
- Investment Banking; Foreign Investment Management; Economic Analysis; Financial Services; Consulting to Financial Institutions
Service Sector: Business Services
- Export; International Logistics; Retail
- Management & Technology Consulting; Industrial Engineering; Big Data & Business Intelligence (BI); Enterprise Software
- Advertising & Marketing: Online, TV, Print
- E-commerce; B2B E-commerce. Logistics
- Industrial Design
Service Sector: Hospitality/Tourism
- Tourism – “Beautiful Bangladesh”
- Hotels and Resorts
- Theme Parks & Resorts
Service Sector: Real Estate & Retail
- Real Estate
- Retail; Shopping Mall & Supermarket
Development of Industries and Industrial Sectors
- People receive the gift of everlasting youth, become more beautiful.
- The quest for invention and discovery never ends. We discover new Physics in the subatomic realm. We form new kinds of atoms with new elementary particles. New Atoms lead to new Chemistry. New Atoms also bring into existence new Engineering. New Chemistry paves the way for new Biology. As we begin space exploration, we discover new Economics, Political Science of Alien civilizations. We discover edges of our Universe, even new Universes. We begin to inhabit new earth and new heaven. The process of invention and discovery goes on for ever and ever.
- Business: Single person / company market share in each industry can never exceed 10%, 15% or 25%.
- After Spirit of God on people, Spirit of God on all earthly and heavenly spirits, Next: higher feelings.
- People will receive powers.
- Now that there are so many avenues for research, it’s better researchers slow down rate of (leaps in) discovery and invention and hence be fruitful in the longer term.