- Less scope for writing research papers in Theory. More scope in Applications.
ICT for Development:
- Business (E-Commerce)
- Finance (Mobile Banking, Mobile payment)
- Healthcare (Telemedicine, Mobile health)
- Education (Example: One Laptop per child / $100 Laptop)
- Government services
- Information. Digitalization. (Webification, Mapping, Search)
- Transportation (Ride hailing services)
- Mass collaboration on specific projects (Example: Ushahidi)
AI (Artificial Intelligence) for Development
- User interface (Speech recognition)
ECE for Development:
- IoT Devices
Mechanical Engineering for Development
- Energy (Low cost energy production)
- Healthcare (Low cost prosthesis)
- Transportation (Low cost vehicles)
Chemical Engineering for Development
- Clean water
- Healthcare (Parasitic control)
Biomedical Engineering for Development
- Healthcare (Low cost diagnostic equipment)
Bioengineering for Development
- Fisheries and livestock
Flying Car, Self Driving Car, Electric Car, Fuel Cell Vehicle, Hover Bike, Jet Pack, Backpack Helicopter, Self-balancing Two-wheeled Electric Transportation Device (Segway), Transforming Vehicle / Transformer Car, High Speed Train, Maglev Train, Vactrain, Hyperloop, Self Driving Truck
Mega Cruise Ship, Autonomous Cargo Ship, Self Sailing Ship, Amphibious Vehicle, Submarine Tourism
Micro Air Vehicle, Self Flying Plane, Electric Plane, Supersonic Transport
Mechanical Computers, Mechanical calculator, Transforming Machines, Transformer Car, Steampunk Technologies, Automaton, Steam powered Washing Machine, Vending Machines, Robotic bird, Robo fish
Areas of Expertise:
#Electrical Engineering #Mechanical Engineering
#Chemical Engineering #BioEngineering
Academia To Industry – Technology & Innovation Transfer
In Academia, lots of Science, Tools & Techniques are in incubation phase, not ready to be incorporated into industrial products.
I shall turn Science, Tools & Techniques into Engineering Innovations.
Engineering -> Product & Service Innovation At My Ventures
1. Physical Basis of Information
EE : 1. Physical basis of Information
VLSI & Computer Systems
Manipulation of Information with Transistors, etc.
Exchange of Information.
[Example: Image -> Electronic Representation as Information).
Transducers and Sensors
Turning Physical Quantities into Electrically Represented Information
Signals & Systems
Signal is basically Information
Control with the use of Electrical / Electronic Signals
EE : 2. Power
Scientific Basis of Electrical Engineering:
- Electricity. Magnetism. Electrical Circuit. Electromagnetism. Optics & Photonics. Solid State & Condensed Matter Physics.
- Mechanics & Machines
Scientific Basis of Mechanical Engineering:
- Mechanics; Solid Mechanics; Fluid Mechanics; Thermodynamics; Electro-magnetic Induction.
- Phenomena that have “Chemical Basis”.
Complex Fluids & Transport <- Chemical Basis, Chemical Composition.
- Sensing Life
- Modeling Life
Computational & Systems Biology. Bioinformatics.
- Manipulating Life
Drug Design, Drug Delivery & Biomaterials.
Regenerative Medicine & Stem Cell Technology. Tissue Engineering.
Genetic Engineering. DNA Editing.
Endoscopic Surgical Tools. Surgical Robots (Example: Da Vinci Robot).
Prosthetics. Artificial Retina.
Articles By Me:
- Scientific Approach To Engineering [TahsinVersion2.com]
- Notes On Research & Engineering (R&E) [TahsinVersion2.com]
- Scientific Approach To Engineering
- “Manhattan-Scale Research” in Medicine and BioEngineering
- “Large Scale Engineering” in Bangladesh [TahsinVersion2.com]