Towards Peace & Security in Middle East & North Africa
“Qatar’s State Fund Invests $1.8 Billion in Brookfield Property”
United Arab Emirates
“The European Commission on Friday cleared Etihad Airways to buy 49% of Italy’s Alitalia, after the United Arab Emirates-based airline agreed to give up airport slots on the route between Rome and Belgrade.”
“Changing Hearts & Minds Of People with Extremist Views:
Lure the youth away from IS and get them together in rebuilding Modern Iraq, Syria and the rest of Middle East (lot of work to be done in Palestine!).
Changing Hearts & Minds Of People with Extremist Views:
Exciting and happy life for young driven Muslims lies in growing themselves, achieving both earthly and spiritual goals.
Let’s build Nations together.“
- No support for Sunni extremists. 
- Encourage Iran to stop support for Shiite extremists.
- Peace talks / Negotiations – An interim neutral “Caretaker Government” holding elections. 
- Threat of international court – Crime against humanity.
- Relies on America for consolidating its dominance in the Middle East.
- Message to the Saudis – It’s not necessary to crush your opponent for regional dominance. Better – bolster your own economy.
- Why can’t the West form close ties with Iran (with Nuclear deals)?
- Above all, mass killings, etc. of Muslim brotherhood supporters has to be stopped immediately.
Encourage both Iran and Saudi Arabia to bolster their economies – more economic interdependence, more commerce with America with benefit to both.
- Our increasing Energy independence.
- Circumstances in Russia-Ukraine.
Notes on Foreign policy
- what is beneficial to you
- what is beneficial to the country you are considering (view from their perspective)
If it’s non-zero sum, you can make them work with you so that it’s beneficial to both.
Both sides involved in a relationship feel comfortable when each has interests for which it knows that the other depends on it.
US – Saudi relationship (since 1945)
- Security assurance from America and
- Oil from Saudi Arabia.
Because of power conflict and interest in regional dominance, both sides are encouraging groups of opposing militants and extremists.
But does “Islam”, a word derived from “Salam”, which literally means “peace”, really encourage or even approve such conflicts?
Suicide and collateral damage are forbidden in Islam and the person who commits suicide is destined to go to hell.
Prophet Muhammad declared unity of humanity in his last sermon, “All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action.” 
In the age of globalization, it’s the mutual economic relationship and mutual economic engagement, not military engagement, that brings prosperity.
- Saudi Arabia Replaces Key Official in Effort to Arm Syria Rebels Frustrated Kingdom: Sets Out to Assuage U.S. Worries on Extremists in Three-Year Conflict