Integrating different departments:
- Research & Engineering: What’s possible
- Design: User Interface & Experience (user, gadget, environment, software) design
- Marketing & Strategy: What customers / consumers want? Competitors? Use Data analytics.
- Integration: Using some form of collective mind map that depicts all of the different components of the product in which everyone in the team can contribute.
- Test & Get user feedback
- Develop & Get user feedback & Employ Data Analytics
How you develop:
- Specify a high level abstract description first and then “gradually” expand the high level description into details.
- Divide the product into components (to reduce complexity) and develop individual components.
- Working backwards from goal theoretically and starting with the features other parts most depend on (Topological sorting).
- Utilization of Operations Research models.
Human Resource Management & Team Management:
- Smart people want to innovate. Encourage them so that they can come up with innovative solutions in every step of the process and share with others.
- Gamify. Points, Badges, “Most innovative engineer” etc.
- Make sure all the team members really care about the product – startup like environment, enthusiasm.